|THE TWA FLIGHT 800 COVER-UP CONTINUES|
|(c) July 17, 1999 Ian Goddard
Three years after the crash of TWA Flight 800, which
killed 230 people, the Federal Government continues
to keep significant crash evidence hidden from the
public while those who point to this cover-up have
been smeared, arrested, and prosecuted for their
crimes of second-guessing the government's claims
about Flight 800. Let's review a few examples of
the Federal Government's intensive and on-going
effort to keep The People and The Truth separate:
(1) The missile seen rising from the ocean would require a launch platform. Therefore, the identity of every vessel in the area is of paramount import. The National Transportation and Safety Board (NTSB) released radar data that identifies several radar tracks below the Flight 800 crash as "boats."  When Congressman James Traficant asked the FBI if such boats were identified, the FBI informed him: (a) one boat that speeds away from the crash scene out to deep sea is unknown, and (b) the identities of the other surface vessels are known but shall remain secret under authority of the Privacy Act. Amazingly, not long after the FBI told Congressman Traficant that the identities of the vessels below the crash will be kept secret, Traficant suddenly closed his inquiry and concluded that there was not "a single piece of solid evidence or testimony from a participant in the investigation that points to a cover-up."  It follows thus that: secret = open.
(2) The author James Sanders released physical evidence from the crash that was leaked from the investigation by TWA pilot Captain Terrell Stacy. The evidence was two small patches of seat cushion from a group of seats that were covered with a red residue that may be rocket fuel. Sanders gave CBS News a patch so that they could test it; instead, CBS returned it to the cover-up. Sanders took his patch to a laboratory to have the residue tested.
The findings support Mr. Sanders's fuel theory more so than the FBI's claim that it's glue. But who is correct, the FBI or Sanders? We cannot know because (a) the FBI seized the evidence and made it disappear, (b) the cushioning that was on the seats was stripped off and disappeared after the Sanders leak, and (c) the FBI is withholding the details of their chemical analysis of the residue. A cover-up in triplicate! The only news of this to surface in the major media was the arrest of James Sanders and his wife and the parading of them in chains before media cameras for the crime of liberating evidence from the cover-up.
(3) TWA employee and member of the Cabin Interior Group in the official investigation Linda Kuntz found that NTSB officials were altering data to make it appear that seats from the rear of the plane that were found in the early-debris field were instead found in the later-debris field. Linda Kuntz called on the assistance of two New York Police Officers to photograph the sequence of alterations. They then informed TWA attorneys, who informed the NTSB. The NTSB contacted the FBI to have Kuntz investigated for taking the photo- graphs. Kuntz was thrown off the "investigation" and threatened with indictment and prosecution.
(4) A party to the official investigation, NYANG pilot Major Frederick Meyer (who was also a witness to the crash) was in charge of transporting a very important piece of debris from the Calverton hanger to the FBI's headquarters in Washington. About this special debris, Meyer told the Village Voice :
"I knew from looking at it that it was the leading edge of some aerofoil -- horizontal stabilizer, rudder, or wing -- and it had punctures in it. We're talking about a piece of aluminum alloy that is very strong and rigid. In this were dimples with holes in the center of the dimple, like something was driven through with incredible force -- I would say [there were] four to six holes."
Meyer also said the holes "were about 3/4 of an inch to one inch in diameter."  When asked if the punctures appeared to come from the outside he replied: "The dimples around each hole indicate that something passed through from the outside to the inside."  Penetration from the outside to the inside is prima facie evidence of an external high-velocity explosion, such as the explosion a proximity-fused missile warhead could deliver.
Unfortunately the whereabouts of that important evidence is unknown. Robert Davey, a Village Voice reporter, tried to tack it down without success. As he reported in the Village Voice, FBI spokesman Joe Valiquette "says the FBI returned the wing with the suspicious holes in it to the NTSB investigation in Calverton... However, NTSB director Goelz says he is not aware of any piece from a wing edge with holes in it."  Gee, sounds like it slipped into a black hole.
(5) Released by the NTSB at their public hearings, Public Exhibit 10A contained data from the flight data recorder (FDR) of Flight 800. The last block of FDR data indicated as the last second of the flight recorded by the FDR contained readings that changed suddenly and progressively in most of the flight parameters. Two aviation experts, Commander William Donaldson and former TWA pilot Howard Mann, have shown that this last-second data tends to suggest the jet was hit by the pressure wave from an external explosion.
Within a few weeks that last-second FDR data was removed without any notice from the NTSB's report available at the NTSB website. The NTSB claims that the removed FDR data was actually from the previous flight and was accidently recorded from the tape as Flight 800 data. Analysis of the data tends to suggest otherwise. The only way to prove that the NTSB's claim is true would be to allow independent analysis of the physical tape. However, the NTSB won't even release the raw binary code to private researchers, such as Richard Hirsch. 
(6) The nose section, the wings, and the rear-most debris remain outside public view and access. Unlike part of the reconstruction that was made available for limited press viewing,  these significant portions of the plane have not been shown and are not with the rest of the reconstruction. The damage known to be done to the left wing is of particular interest.  Also of interest is the nose section in which an Associated Press report said "fragments of first-class passengers' china were embedded in the walls and ceiling of the cabin."  Also the doors to the forward-landing-gear bay were reported to have been "blown inward" by a great force.  All that evidence remains off limits to the public.
There is much more evidence that remains concealed, such as data acquired by a U.S. satellite with an infrared video (possibly of the variety used to monitor missile launches), hundreds of witness accounts gathered by the FBI, other radar data,... Considering how upset conspiracy theorists have made government officials, you'd think there would be reason to practice open government and abolish the cloak of secrecy, yet secrecy is the preference.
Webster's College Dictionary (Random House 1991) defines "cover-up" as: "any act, stratagem, or other means of concealing or preventing investigation or exposure." Webster's Third New International Diction- ary (Merriam-Webster 1971) gives us this definition:
"cover-up: a device or stratagem for masking, concealing, or preventing investigation, incrimination, or discovery."
As we can see, the many cases of concealment of Flight-800 evidence by the government in an effort to prevent public discovery are properly defined as a cover-up. It's amazing that the FBI can cite the Privacy Act to cover-up the identities of boats below Flight 800 and simultaneously claim that there is NO cover-up. More amazing still is that, in spite of an overt cover-up, many people believe claims of a cover-up are crazy. This is because they place blind faith in the major news networks which do not investigate the veracity of government claims about the Flight 800 crash but instead function as a reliable information-relay service for the Federal Government.
 Radar track of boats below the Flight 800 crash: http://www.multipull.com/twacasefile/boat.html http://www.ntsb.gov/events/twa800/radar_45.gif http://users.erols.com/igoddard/tracks.gif
 See "FBI Response to Rep.Traficant" here: http://www.twa800.com/#Letters
 Congressman James Traficant: http://www.twa800.com/#Traficant
 Sanders Residue Test & AP Report: http://weissbach.com/TWA800/index.html Sanders Residue Test And Follow Testing: http://www.accessone.com/~rivero/CRASH/TWA/GLUETESTS.html
 Associated Retired Aviation Professionals: Interim Report on the Crash of TWA Flight 800 and the Actions of the NTSB and the FBI. pages 20-21: http://www.TWA800.com/#InterimReport
 Village Voice: "Flight 800: The Missing Evidence," by Robert Davey. April 15, 1998. http://www.multipull.com/twacasefile/missing.html
 Eyewitness Meyer Speaks to the Granada Forum: http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/bardonia/meyer.htm This photo shows damaged to a portion of a wing: http://users.erols.com/igoddard/wing.htm
 Corresponadnace between Major Meyer and author.
 Interim Report on the Crash of TWA Flight 800 and the Actions of the NTSB and the FBI. pages 55-64: http://www.TWA800.com/#InterimReport . http://members.aol.com/bardonia/analysis.htm
 NTSB Public Hearing Exhibit Items: http://www.ntsb.gov/Events/twa800/exhibit.htm
 Fourth paragraph down starts review of efforts to acquire FDR data from NTSB officials: http://home.earthlink.net/%7eneteagle/Addendum2/page8.html
 Allowed Photos of Truncated Reconstruction http://users.erols.com/igoddard/crash.htm http://users.erols.com/igoddard/forensic.gif http://www.accessone.com/~rivero/CRASH/TWA/CHART/chart.html
 Left Wing Skin Fragmentation Anlysis: http://members.aol.com/bardonia2/wingskin.htm Interim Report on the Crash of TWA Flight 800 and the Actions of the NTSB and the FBI. page 47: http://www.TWA800.com/#InterimReport
 Assocaited Press report, August 2, 1996.
 Rivero's Analysis & Press-Enterprise Report: http://www.accessone.com/~rivero/CRASH/TWA/NOSEGEAR/nosegear.html The Vally Advocate: "Crash Test Dummies" 1998-01-29: http://www.valleyadvocate.com/articles/twa01.29.html
GODDARD'S JOURNAL: http://www.erols.com/igoddard/journal.htm
If you are interested in a free subscription to The Konformist Newswire,
please visit http://www.eGroups.com/list/konformist/ and sign up.
Or, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: "I NEED 2 KONFORM!!!"
(Okay, you can use something else, but it's a kool catch phrase.)